- Things don't always turn out the way you plan.
- Some things take much longer to occur than you want them to.
- If you want something to happen, effort is required.
- If you find yourself getting prideful, something will happen that will make you humble again.
- You can't control your circumstances but you can control your reactions to your circumstances.
- No matter how much you want things to stay the same, things will change. No matter how much you want things to change, things will stay the same.
The month of January has been a month of realization for me. Deep down I always knew these things were true but I guess I've never had them verified as much as I have this month. Life has its positives and negatives but the one thing that positives and negatives have in common is that they are designed to make you stronger. You learn to overcome the bad and you learn to appreciate the good. I don't know what the future holds but I do know that I can choose to follow Elder Wirthlin's counsel: "Come what may and love it."