Thursday, August 27, 2009

Bags Unpacked, I'm Ready To Go

I'm back at BYU for my Junior year of college. I'm not going to lie; I wasn't too excited about coming back this year, but now that I'm here and all settled into my apartment, I'm starting to get used to the idea. But there will always be things that I will miss about home.
I'm going to miss:
  • reading books for pleasure
  • seeing the green hills of the Bay Area during the wintertime
  • good internet service
  • snow-less winters
  • having my own room
  • close proximity to family
  • our amazing shower and good water pressure
  • my parents' huge movie selection
  • going to my home ward
  • friends from home
  • having a large gum supply
  • storage space
  • no homework
I'm back in good ol' Provo and dealing with everything else that comes with it.
I'm not looking forward to:
  • ice-covered sidewalks
  • a jam-packed fridge
  • homework
  • my custodial job
  • a tiny kitchen
  • horrible internet service (which is miraculously working right now)
  • only seeing family on holidays
  • having almost no TIME!
As more of my roommates start coming in, I'm getting more and more happy to be back. I just want the year to start so that I can get into a routine that works for me. And while a lot of the things that come packaged with returning to school seem a little daunting, I am excited to be back at BYU and to see what this next year has in store for me. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Shelley said...

Good luck Celia! You'll have a great year. Just remember to make time for fun!!!

Pikula's said...

Good Luck!! Enjoy every minute of it!! I know you will do great!

lisa c. said...

Celia you'll be just fine, even with History 200! I know exactly how you feel, but have fun too!

hannahhosking said...

WHAT DO YOU MEAN? THE INTERNET AT THE VILLA IS THE BEST!!!!1!!!!!111

come over sometime. apartment 3. WHERE IT'S ALWAYS A PARTY.