Saturday, November 21, 2009

I realized today that I haven't taken a single picture this semester. And since we just recently had cleaning checks, I thought I'd start taking pictures of our spotless apartment. So here's a little tour of the place I come home to everyday. (The kitchen and bathrooms will be excluded for good reason.)

This is my side of the room. I got that shelf that frames my bed at Bed, Bath, and Beyond and it's awesome! As you can tell, I've got about a million books this year and since our apartment doesn't really have any storage space, it's been a great addition to my room.


This is what I like to call my "fun" book collection. These are the books I read for fun during those rare moments of spare time. Unfortunately, I haven't had too many of those this semester. (I haven't been able to read Harry Potter in so long...) But even if they don't get read very often, they make great decorations ;)


My roommates haven't had much time for decorating the apartment this year. I guess being engaged takes up a lot of time. And since three of my roommates are engaged, I'm the only person in our apartment who really made the time to make our apartment look cute, which is fine. I've come to realize that I like to decorate.

Who would have thought that storage boxes covered in table cloths make great tables?


My roommates and I made these "corkboard scrapbook things" last year. They work great for our Roommate pictures and remind us of the good ol' days when all of us were...uh...single, haha!

I also made this collage this year. I found a website that had a bunch of famous pictures from American history. I think it's cute. (And you can totally see my reflection in the glass.)


And this is the view from my apartment complex. Not bad, eh? I wish I had my camera out so that I could have taken a picture of the sunset yesterday. It was amazing!


I hope you enjoyed your tour!

1 comment:

Shauntelle said...

That was a good idea to get the shelves that go above your bed! Wish I would have thought of that... :)