Sunday, March 14, 2010

Things That Make Me Happy

One of my old roommates blogged about some of the small things she has come across lately that have given her little moments of happiness. Sometimes it's hard for me to pick out those little moments of goodness (or tender mercies, you might say) when my life is so busy and jam-packed, so I decided it was time to put the stress aside and acknowledge them.

1. Partly cloudy days. In the middle of winter in Utah, it's so wonderful every once in a while to look out the window and see white puffy clouds with the sun shining through them.
2. Those rare moments when I can sit down, relax, and read a book of my choice.
3. The smell of freshly laundered clothes.

4. A (small) bag of Cadbury Eggs5. Letters in the mail.

6. Lyrics of the songs we sing in Women's Chorus.
"If I could I surely would stand on the rock where Moses stood." - Elijah Rock
"Look how the floor of heaven is thick inlaid with patines of bright gold." - How Sweet the Moonlight Sleeps
"Hide me, O my Savior, hide till the storm of life is passed." - Jesus, Lover of My Soul
"My God is a rock in a weary land, a shelter in the time of storm." - My God is a Rock
"What a joyful thought that my Lord I'll see, just over in the Gloryland. And with kindred saved there forever be just over in the Gloryland." - Just Over in the Gloryland
"I've trod the high untrespassed sanctity of space, put out my hand, and touched the face of God." - High Flight

7. The stupid debates we have in English Class about the short stories we're reading. They're dumb (in my opinion) but quite enjoyable.

8. Roommate Raisins/Get-togethers.
9. Pictures of my nieces and nephews (Here's my newest niece. Little Sydney is here!)
There are so many good things in life. Never get so busy that you forget to notice them.

2 comments:

Brigitte said...

10. And the ever so rare moments when Brigitte gets to visit :)

I would put many of these on my list too!

Shauntelle said...

Love the list! It's so good to remember those things when the going gets tough...