Monday, October 10, 2011

Time to Read

With my parents' recent move, I have been entrusted with much of my family's book collection. At least 100 books made the trip from Concord, California to reside with me here in Provo, Utah. At first, I didn't know what to do with all of them. But with my current state of unemployment, I have found that I do have something to do with them: I HAVE TIME TO READ THEM!

So far this fall, I have read:
- The Help by Katheryn Stockett
- The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

I am currently reading:
- Our First Revolution: The Remarkable British Upheaval That Inspired America's Founding Fathers by Michael Barone
- The Last of the Mohicans by James Fenimore Cooper
- Dragonsinger by Anne McCaffrey
- Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins (Brigitte is delivering it to me tonight and I am delving into it as soon as it comes.)
- God Wants a Powerful People by Sheri Dew
- Out of the Shadows by Sarah Singleton

I still need to read:
- Friends of Liberty: Thomas Jefferson, Tadeusz Kosciuszko, and Agrippa Hull by Nash and Hodges
- General George Washington: A Military Life by Edward G. Lengel
- John Paul Jones: Sailor, Hero, Father of the American Navy by Evan Thomas
- Freedom's Prophet: Bishop Richard Allen, the AME Church, and the Black Founding Fathers by Richard S. Newman
- America's Constitution: A Biography by Akhil Reed Amar
- Hard Times by Charles Dickens
- A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
- Just So Stories & The Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling
- The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis
- The Thief Lord by Cornelia Funke

I also want to re-read some other books. I want to read the whole Harry Potter series again, The Count of Monte Cristo, Ella Enchanted, A Series of Unfortunate Events, all of the Jane Austen books...Obviously, this list is going to take me a while but if you have any more suggestions of good books to read, let me know. I'm always up for a good book :)

No comments: