- Admit when you are wrong and apologize when necessary.
- Read at least two books a month. At the beginning of each month, write down the names of the books you will read and write reviews on Goodreads after completing them.
- Take chances and risks. You don't want to sit there wondering what might have been had you just said or done something differently. Make a list of the things you want and do what is necessary to get there, even if that means you have to step out of your comfort zone.
- Plan a trip to a new place. Budget and save for it. Look for deals and make the most of your money!
- Focus on being healthy. Exercise regularly (at least 45 minutes a day) and eat right. Develop a better relationship with food. (I'm trying out Whole30 in January.)
- Learn to sew. Sew a skirt and another article of clothing by the end of the year. Ask Mom for help and advice but do all of the sewing yourself!
- Relearn old subjects you used to study, like Chemistry, Algebra, Geometry, and Biology.
- Become an expert on the Revolutionary War. Read and research everything you can.
- Create a bucket list.
- Keep a regular journal. Write at least once a week.
- Read your scriptures and study the gospel daily.
- Don't be so quick to anger and annoyance. Develop patience. Before you say anything, pause and analyze whether your anger is warranted. Most of the time, if not all of the time, it isn't.
- Focus on service. Try to do something nice for someone else each day and try to do at least one service project a month. Look for service opportunities in your community.
- Develop a morning routine before work. Go to bed earlier so you can get up earlier. Do a morning workout, sit down to eat breakfast, and have morning prayer and scripture study. The day will probably go a lot more smoothly and you'll feel a lot more put together.
- Learn more about corporate law so you can be a better corporate paralegal. Take a class in another area of law you are interested in.
- Transform a space. Makeover the furniture you already have.
- Update your blog at least twice a month. Try to share the gospel more through Sunday entries.
- Design more wall-hangings for your Etsy shop and ask for advice on how to make the shop better. Implement these suggestions and get sales!
- Do more family history work. Ask relatives questions about their lives and write down their stories!
Wednesday, December 31, 2014
New Year's Resolutions
I write down a set of New Year's resolutions every year and, as is customary with resolutions, some you follow and some you don't. I want to make 2015 a life changing year. However, that is a lot easier said than done so I thought it would be best to write my resolutions down in a public place so the few people who read this blog can hold me accountable ;).
My 2015 Mantra
Alma 57:27 - "Now this was the faith of these of whom I have spoken; they are young, and their minds are firm, and they do put their trust in God continually.