Friday, August 27, 2010

From Summer to Fall

Summer break is over. It was great going home for the summer and doing all the things that summer entails: seeing movies in theaters (Karate Kid, Toy Story 3, Eclipse, Inception, etc.), reading books, relaxing, being with family, going to the beach. But time flies as it always does, and school is about to start.

I'm back in Provo to start up my final year as an undergraduate at BYU.

Thoughts running through my head:
  • I'M GETTING OLD. I saw a bunch of Freshmen walking around campus yesterday and they look way too young to be in college.
  • WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITH MY LIFE? I'm graduating in History and minoring in English and Music...yeah, there isn't a whole ton you can do with those degrees. So I am planning on Grad School. I'm thinking about Public Administration but I don't feel that I've explored my options enough to make a decision. And I have to take that test. What is it? The GRE? ;)
  • HOW AM I GOING TO PAY BACK STUDENT LOANS/PRIVATE LOANS? In this economy, I don't know if I'll be able to get a good enough job to get rid of those looming numbers and payments. I know I have 10 years or so to pay them off but it still scares me a little.
I'm a Senior! Where has the time gone? I never thought I'd get to that point where I actually have to grow up.

4 comments:

lisa c. said...

you get on payment plans:) Have you talked to Whitney E. about the GRE? Things will work out, have fun your senior year!!

Shauntelle said...

Wow, can't believe our senior year is here, either. Oh my gosh. I didn't even think about how young the incoming freshmen are going to look. Wow!

Brigitte said...

Funny posts as always. So, who is that "What was done..." person at the top of the comments? Stranger? Time to go private for you too? I'm sort of considering it, but I've yet to get any comments from people I don't know =P

PS my word verification is "byedorks". Just wanted to point out how awesome that is.

Shelley said...

Hey if you ever start feeling old, just remember ALL your siblings (including the in-laws) are older. ;)