Friday, September 10, 2010

Someday...

One of these days, I am going to go on a traveling adventure.

Someday I will walk the streets of Boston. I will stand in Independence Hall where the Founding Fathers signed the Declaration of Independence. I will go to the Smithsonian and see the original Star-Spangled Banner "whose broad stripes and bright stars through the perilous fight o'er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming."
I will go to Gettysburg and other sites and learn more about the price that was paid to keep the United States united.

I will cross oceans and experience other cultures.

I will walk the halls of castles where earthly kings walked and lived in ages past.

I will explore ancient ruins and imagine what they would have looked like in their heyday.

Someday...

5 comments:

Shelley said...

Me too...

Although I have walked the streets of Boston, been to Gettysburg, and I probably saw the flag at the Smithsonian but I don't remember. But someday I will do the rest too.

LA Adams said...

Nothing like starting a fund or maybe even a piggybank with left over change - and posting pictures and before you know there you are looking up history with a friend.

Shauntelle said...

I want to do those things too. What great goals, Celia. :)

Cait said...

Go now! Don't wait! :)

lisa c. said...

I like Linda Ann's idea. I was going through my change the other and thought, if I just put all my leftover change in a jar, how much would I have? Just start putting a travel jar together, decorate it and put all your spare change in it. Then watch it grow! A goal for your money helps!